All You Need To Know About EPC’s
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) can only be produced by a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor who is a current member of one of the official accreditation bodies. All of our members are fully qualified and accredited.
Simply call to discuss the cost and make an appointment for the assessor to carry out the EPC survey which on an average domestic property will take around 30 minutes.
The Energy Performance Certificate will be produced within 48 hours of this survey. This will then be sent by email to your agent or solicitor. You can also have a copy by email if required.
If you don’t get an EPC when you need one, you can be fined.
An EPC contains information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs as well as recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and it is valid for 10 years.
Top Tips for a better EPC rating.
- Try and make sure as many of your fixed light fittings as possible have low energy lamps fitted.
- If you have a hot water tank, make sure there is plenty of insulation around it. Good insulation can make a significant difference to the rating.
- Loft insulation. If we cannot see the loft is insulated because either we cannot gain loft access or because the loft is boarded over please have any paperwork available to prove loft insulation is fitted.
- If you have cavity wall insulation which is not visible due to rendering etc, make sure you have the paperwork available.
- If your double glazed windows were fitted after 2002 and the date is not visible in the units, please have paperwork available to show the installation date.
- Boiler information: We will try to establish the exact make and model of the gas or oil heating boiler. Where this is possible, the exact efficiency of the boiler can be established. This is likely to be higher than the software default setting for that type of boiler. Establishing the boilers details from visual inspection can be difficult, so please have any information manuals or service history available.
To order your EPC please call 0121 357 4102 or fill in our online form and we will contact you to arrange a suitable time to get our assessor into your property.